Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Four Holidays and a Funeral

I guess since I only posted once in December I'll post where I left off. Kirk and I celebrated our anniversary and my b-day by spending two nights at a condo in Midway. We brought Maren along and really wish we would have brought our snowshoes because there was so much snow. Kirk bought me a new lens for my camera, but unfortunately I forgot the battery for the camera so I couldn't take any pictures there. We spent time swimming, shopping, and eating of course.

We did get an opportunity to go to Christmas village with the Gibsons during the month. Here's the puffy coat family (me bringing a new dimension to the word "puffy").

















Here's Maren and Hailey doing a little window shopping.
















Maren had a blast with all the boxes, paper, and bows. Here's the Snow grand kids getting ready to open gifts. Maren decided it would be more fun to sit on top of hers.

















On Christmas morning Maren met her new best friend. She's giving her new baby a sweet love. I think she's going to be a great big sis!

















She also spent some time playing or rather sitting in the snow. The snow was a little too deep for her liking. It didn't help that the snow boots we bought for her are two sizes too big.

















On Christmas day we didn't really have any plans so we decided to go and visit Grandma Snow and Grandma Johnson. I'm so glad we did because Grandma Snow passed away just two days later. Maren was so cute with her while we were there. She danced, marched, talked and tickled Grandma's feet. Though it was sad, we're glad that Grandma gets to be with Grandpa again.

















And last but not least, we had our big ultrasound on New Year's Eve. I know some people are freaked out by these pictures, but I think our little boy is already so cute. We're looking forward to meeting him in a few months.
























It was a crazy month as I'm sure it was for everyone else, but great to be able to spend so much time with family. Kirk hasn't worked a full week since the first week in December, so I think I am going to go through some withdrawals. Oh well, some body's got to bring home the bacon. Actually January isn't so bad, I get really stoked about what the new year will bring and have a heightened sense of ambition. Happy New Year everyone!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Marci,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. That is so hard but at the same time you feel glad that they are in a happier place. I'm thinking of you.
I can't believe you only have a few more months left with your pregnancy. That seems like it's gone by fast. I'm excited for you. Take care, Heidi

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had a ton of fun this last month. I can't believe all that you celebrate in Dec.(as if the month isn't crazy enough). Sorry to hear about Grandma Snow...I'll always remember how much fun we had going to her pool. She was a sweet lady. I agree your little boy is going to be a cutie.

Kimberly said...

We can't but help comment on the puff coats. You guys look really good! Love, Kim and Jesse