Saturday, January 12, 2008

Off to Nursery we go

I can't believe Maren is already 18 months old. She is still my little baby, but is becoming more and more like a little girl. She had her first visit to nursery last week and did amazing. The leaders said that she followed directions, was very reverent (hardly said a word), and said "amen" or "men" after every prayer.

She's changed so much since she turned one. Every day I am in awe at the things she knows and remembers. Here's a few other fun facts about Maren at 18 months:
  • She tells me when she goes potty, but we usually get to the toilet after she has already gone. (We've had a few successes though!)
  • She says tons of words now - too many to list. My favorites being thank-you, danger, and stinky.
  • Her favorite foods are ego waffles (due to one of my pregnancy cravings), and cheese.
  • She loves to dance, kick, twirl, and jump.
  • She is very motherly. She likes to diaper, feed, and read to her babies. Sometimes her babies even get horsey rides and use the toilet.
  • She would be a couch potato and watch Elmo all day if I would let her.
  • She loves to color.
  • She loves building towers out of anything stackable.
  • Her favorite word is "No" and that is what she will say to almost any question you ask her except if it is something she wants she will answer "Kay".
  • She turns into a penguin whenever she is walking in snow with little tiny waddle steps.
  • She points to my belly and says "baby".
  • She still sucks her thumb, but only when she's holding her blankey.
  • She loves putting things in the garbage, which can be really helpful, but I think I'm missing a few of her shoes and have a slight suspicion they're in a landfill somewhere.

This really is a fun age. Kirk and I are constantly entertained by her. People always say that kids grow up to fast and now we are experiencing that first hand. She's such a blessing in our lives!

3 comments:

Fall.Down.Tree said...

I can see Maren now...in Nursery mothering all the little ones. She's gonnna be a great sister to that little boy! Its true kids do grow up way to fast. I guess that's why we gotta love every second even the naughty things they do...just laugh about it :)

Kimberly said...

Maren sounds like so much fun, it's crazy to hear all the stuff she is already doing. Hope you guys are doing well too! Love, Kim

Veronica Reeve said...

WOW! I can not believe that it is already that time...nursery. It's the BEST!! You can actually pay attention in church again...for a little while I guess :) Ask Maren if she came over to our house and threw away Lili's boots...their missing.