Monday, March 30, 2009

Tender Mercies




When Kirk got home from work last Thursday, I told him that I just needed to go into the bedroom and veg. I was feeling weird and hormonal and it was just one of those times I just needed sit in peace and pray. I was only in there for a few minutes when I heard Maren trip and start bawling. Kirk was in the middle of feeding Jesse so I scooped her up and let her snuggle with me on our bed. I told her I was going to say a prayer in my head and asked her to be quiet for a few minutes. And as hormonal women often do, I started to cry. I was trying to be discreet, but then I felt a little warm hand touch my face, "Mommy, are you okay?".


"Yes Maren, Mommy's okay." I said, sniffling. She had such a worried look on her face. "I can make you feel better", she smiled, "I'll go get you a snack."



A few minutes later she returned with her half eaten container of yogurt and we shared the rest together. She knows me all too well!

7 comments:

Meg said...

Well Marcy, you know where Maren learned to be so kind and concerned about others? Her Mom! Thanks for sharing. It made me smile and Im glad to hear that other women need ot have a time out sometimes, and its not just me.
Meg
(Oh, and I know Kirk is a great Dad too!)

Carlson Family said...

That is so precious. She really is like her mom.

havensmama said...

Ahh! That's so sweet. Its in those moments you realize why you became a mother. I love it! Maren is a doll and yes food will always makes us feel better. We need a play-date with you girls.

Kendrick and Hailey said...

What a precious story:) She is so sweet and you are such a great mom. I love the picture of the two of you!

Kimberly said...

Thanks for sharing- that is so cute! Kids are the best.

Heidi said...

That is so sweet! Kids are so intune, they know exactly what to say to make you feel better, or at least make you smile! I love the pictures. You have a beautiful family. Heidi

Breona said...

It's so cute when kids are intuitive of feelings. She is a sweetie! I hope things are well and you are getting some more solo time. It really makes a difference to just take a time out and recharge. Mine are often in the shower or going on a run. I miss you guys. Love the pics of you two. SO cute. you look pretty.