For 2 reasons:
#1: Last week my dad had to get a pacemaker. I use the word "had" because it was either that, or risk having the old ticker stop at any given moment. His resting heart rate was in the low 30's and the two valves were beating at different speeds. So now he's on cruise control at 60 beats per minute and looking forward to many more years ahead. Glad you did it Dad, we like having you around.
I can't help but wonder if me or my siblings are going to end up with pacemakers. We take after Papi, super low heart rates. Good thing we live in today's day and age. "Yes I love technology.... always and forever".
#2: One week of training down, 11 more to go. Kirk and I signed up for the Ogden 1/2 marathon in May. So the next 2 1/2 months will be filled with sweat, acne, and a whole lotta techno music.
4 comments:
I can't believe you are doing a 1/2marathon after your accident. You are awesome. I will keep you posted on how I do at my marathon. Good luck on your training!
Wow! I hope all is well with your papi. That's kind of scary.
Good luck with the 1/2 marathon training. I was thinking about doing that marathon this year but with dave coaching baseball till may, I'm not going to have the time or patience for training. You guys are awesome! And its just the way to stay in shape.
Glad you Dad is in good shape now. I feel a bit behind if you have already started training for the 1/2. I am doing it too, and Im not even really working out yet. aaggghh! I better get going! I will see you at the starting line. Ben is doing the full marathon. We have got to get to training. Thanks for serving as our reminder.
Megan
I hope your dad is doing well! We've been praying for him. You are awesome for doing a 1/2 marathon. Leave it to you to do something awesome like that! Maybe someday I'll actually do one since I've been saying I was going to for 5 years now:)
Post a Comment