Seriously, what are the chances that I would have two bum scooters? After our non-crawling, gorilla-like experience with Maren, I was bound and determined to give Jesse more tummy time. Neither of my kids ever liked tummy time and were always perfectly content to sit and play with whatever was in reach, including carpet.
Jesse had been getting more mobile, but not in a conventional sort of way. With a combination of leg shimmies and stretching he could get things within a few feet. We kept up with the tummy time and he got pretty comfortable and strong on his tummy, but he could only push himself backwards. Thus the bits of bread only got farther and farther from his reach. Kirk and I tried hoisting him up onto his knees, helping him get the crawling motion, and even put little rollers under his tummy, all to no avail. It was looking more and more like bum scooting would be Jesse's preferred method of transportation. Until now....
At 11 months Jesse randomly started crawling, with no help from mom and dad! I know what you are all thinking "11 months? My kid was crawling the day we brought him home from the hospital". Hey for us this is a major victory! The way I see it my kids have a few disadvantages: #1 they are huge and blubbery as babies #2 big noggins #3 they are super mellow and unmotivated #4 I sit around and watch soaps all day (yeah right).
Congrats Jesse Boy! (I'm sure in a matter of days I'll be thinking, "now why did I want you to crawl so badly?")
4 comments:
YAY jesse! When you get older and can read all this mummble jumble about you being Flubbery and having a big noggin...you better get your mom back. hahah. It is funny how differently kids develop. and, I'm with you on getting together soon. WE are slackers. Hope you guys are well.
That's awesome! Your kids are so cute. Thanks for keeping us in the loop with your blog. I miss you guys!
Oh, I'm kind of sad to hear he isn't scooting like Maren. Just kidding-that's awesome- pretty soon he'll be walking.
Rollers under the tummy! That is awesome. :)
Post a Comment