Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Thoughts on Aging...

Yesterday I woke up feeling older. Coincidentally I was. I can't believe this is my last year in my 20's. I remember when I was younger wondering what I would look like as a woman, well, now I know and I'm definitely past my prime. The crows feet are beginning to show, worry lines are deeper in the forehead, the body is not quite the same, I have arm wrinkles, and my brain doesn't work as well. Hmmm, maybe it's not just time that ages us, but having children. Crows feet from smiling so much, worry lines from all the worry, body from pregnancy, arm wrinkles from carrying around my large babies in my right arm, and I don't know how to explain the brain functioning. I hear it gets worse after each subsequent child. (That might explain why my mom mistook super glue for her eyedrops and super glued her eye shut - she's the mother of six kids.)

But, I think the very thing that ages us also keeps us young. I don't think I've ever been so excited to play in the snow, see the lights, and even sit through Disney on Ice. The magic of childhood returns when you have little munchkins of your own and you get to feel like a kid again. So with that in mind - I won't let aging get to me (at least for now) and enjoy the remainder of my childhood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marcy,
Enjoy every wrinkle. It just says that you have lived and loved and have something to talk about. Hope your birthday was great. cw

Breona said...

It is quite the process! But there is so much of life to be lived! So many people to meet, things to see and learn, babies to be had... that growing old is just part of the journey. I hope I'm as hot as you when I'm 29. Hope you had a great bday!