Happy Anniversary Kirk! I know I said that our marriage was exceptional last year, but I can't help but say it again. Honestly in the eight years we've been married, we have NEVER had a fight. What's our secret? Always working at our marriage, serving each other, trying our best not to be selfish, communicating, and staying in tune with the gospel.We're not getting gifts for each other this year because we are going to be going on vacation in January so were just doing cards. I may do something extra special like shave, brush my teeth after lunch, or wear my hair in something other than a pony tail. Here's an adaptation of the card/booklet I made for Kirk
10 Things I Love about my Husband:
We Speak the Same LANGUAGE and we're still newlywed lovey dovey.

He Makes Me LAUGH!
(I recovered this picture from the recycle bin - he hates it but I think it is hilarious! I admit, he does look a little bit stoned)
He Brings out the BEST in me - and I'd like to think I make him laugh too.
He Gave me HER - and she is beautiful!
And of course, he gave me HIM - and this little guy makes me smile everyday!
He truly is a SUPERDAD! In more ways than one!
He was an AMAZING SUPPORT to me through this!
He helps me cope when I'm feeling dizzy and never lets me give up FAITH and HOPE.
I love his sense of ADVENTURE! He's tested my limits (in a good way) and taken me out of my comfort zone and its been worth it!
He is my BEST FRIEND and I look forward to many more adventures ahead.
Happy Anniversary!
He Brings out the BEST in me - and I'd like to think I make him laugh too.
He Gave me HER - and she is beautiful!
And of course, he gave me HIM - and this little guy makes me smile everyday!
He truly is a SUPERDAD! In more ways than one!
He was an AMAZING SUPPORT to me through this!
He helps me cope when I'm feeling dizzy and never lets me give up FAITH and HOPE.
I love his sense of ADVENTURE! He's tested my limits (in a good way) and taken me out of my comfort zone and its been worth it!
He is my BEST FRIEND and I look forward to many more adventures ahead.
Happy Anniversary! I haven't given him his card yet but the chances of Kirk actually visiting KIRKS PLACE by the end of the day (let alone the end of the year) are slim to none.
5 comments:
(Wiping tears from my eyes as I type) Eight years! Eight years since Rich got that tie he wore to church on Sunday?! (doesn't that make you feel like you got your moneys worth?) Congrats to you both! I'm very impressed with your 8 year non-fighting record. Not surprised actually, you two crazy kids are a delight to be with. I remember your first date....sigh, so romantic. So go ahead and get all spruced up...maybe even a little lip gloss, or a little spritz of some fruity body spray?
Happy Anniversary! And birthday today! That card is super sweet. I must admit I teared up with the last picture. Gotta love those Johnson boys!
You never know... Kirk has a way of beating 'slim chances'.
You guys are an amazing couple, we've always known that. Congrats on eight years!
That is so sweet Marcy! You two are perfect for each other and always fun to be around! Congrats on 8 years baby!
And btw, dave is the same way with our blog. Doesn't see it all too often.
Thanks for 8 wonderful years Marcy! I love you and I can't imagine my life without you!
Post a Comment