- Getting offered to sit in the most comfortable chair wherever we go
- I can take a long time in the bathroom and no one jumps to conclusions
- Long showers are justified
- Riding a Jazzy through Costco!
- Weight loss (too bad it's from muscle turning into a jelly-like substance)
- Smaller thigh and bun (s's left off intentionally)
- Instantly shrunk an inch or so off my hips
- I'll always have something interesting to write about myself in "getting to know you" surveys.
- Saves money on birth control
- Had a great excuse to watch a ton of Olympics
- Actually finished a book
- The bishops wife brought us homemade cinnamon rolls. (I believe Kirk's exact words were: "You should break your pelvis more often".)
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
The Perks
Seven weeks down, still more to go, but life is starting to feel a little more normal. I am walking without crutches a fair amount, taking care of the kids myself, driving, and I'm finally able to carry Jesse down our front steps so I'm not totally home bound. It's probably a good thing Maren is obsessed with Nemo and Jesse loves his swing (not my ideal way of parenting, but it will suffice for now). My muscles are still incredibly weak on my right side and I'm still pretty achey so I've got a bit of a limp to overcome, but overall I am doing really well. Even though this has been rough, there's a few perks I've noticed along my road to recovery:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Marcy-
I just cant believe how optimistic you are. Thanks for the update. I hope you continue to recover and find ways to cheer up when you are feeling blue. Just reading about everything, makes me grateful to have good health. You will make up for the "down time," I have no doubt!
Take care!
Megan
You have such a positive attitude. I'm glad that you are doing better. I couldn't imagine going through what you have. You are awesome!
I don't know how you manage to do it all and still have a smile on your face. I truly never heard one complaint. Good thing you have a sense of humor. I'll try my best to bake you homemade cinnamon rolls if you promise never to break your pelvis again. Wished I'd helped more... You can still ask, ya know! Love ya, glad to hear that your doing so well.
Marcy, I'm happy to hear your improving so fast. I'm impressed Kirk still did his portion of LOTOJA. You're awesome. We miss seeing you guys.
Marcy. You my friend are a...GEM! Glad to here the update and
Love to read your humor in it all. Long potty trips and a birth control?! Funny stuff but I'm sorry at the same time! Hang in there. You are a great mom!
I am so glad you are getting better. It's got to be so hard at times and yet you are looking on the bright side! :) Keep us update on how you are doing. We've been thinking of you. Heidi
Marcy thanks for the update. What a positive and upbeat blog post. I'm sure it's not easy to think about the bright side of this difficult situation. I wouldn't expect anything else from you Marcy, you are have a wonderful sense of humor and a sparkly personality. It's been too long....
Marcy,
It is so great to hear you are doing better. I have worried about you. I am not surprised at how you have handled this as you always have been the poster child for "Happy" and finding the good is something that is bad. I felt bad that I missed you when you stopped by. Come Again!!!
As always, cw
Post a Comment