The post title is one of my favorite signs I saw while running in the Ogden Marathon this past weekend. Our relay team "The Con Cons" consisted of Kirk, myself, my sister Sharilyn, her husband Kevin, and my mom. All of us did better than we thought we would. Our overall time was 4 hrs and 41 min. I managed to run my whole leg (6.1 miles) which was surprising, and Kirk ran an amazing 13.1 miles! Two of Kirk's sisters, Jana and Brigita also competed the half-marathon! It was such a motivating experience. A big thanks goes out to my sister Christina who helped us organize our team and get us excited about it. She wanted to run with us but she was getting a tan in Cancun. Oh well, she earned it by running the Fort Collins Marathon earlier this month.
To those of you out there who have run a full marathon, wow, I give you my admiration and respect. Kirk is now thinking about training for a full marathon since he's already half way there, and as for me, I used to have NO desire to ever run one, but I think I feel a little spark.... we'll see.
If you have family or friends who participated, the results are posted at http://www.milliseconds.com.
To those of you out there who have run a full marathon, wow, I give you my admiration and respect. Kirk is now thinking about training for a full marathon since he's already half way there, and as for me, I used to have NO desire to ever run one, but I think I feel a little spark.... we'll see.
If you have family or friends who participated, the results are posted at http://www.milliseconds.com.
The Con Cons 

1 comment:
Someday I'll run a marathon...Good job you guys that's quite the accomplishment!! We need to get together soon. We want to see your new place!
Veronica
Post a Comment