Monday, May 14, 2007

First official Mother's Day!

Finally! Mother's Day is for me too! Do you really fully appreciate Mother's Day and your own mother until you have a little one of your own? I have to admit, there are definitely times of frustration that come with the territory, but overall my short experience as a mother has been amazing. Whenever I'm having a rough time, Kirk always asks me, "What are your favorite things about being a mom"? Well, here are just a few:

*Being so needed and so loved
*Watching Maren pick up cheerios, or seeds or anything small. (Her fingers are so chubby, they look like candy corns)
*Maren's curly hair that get even curlier when she's been asleep in her car seat
*Splashing in the tub
*Getting to be dorky all the time
*Sharing the world with Maren for the first time
*Making up nicknames like Midgy and Thumbkin
*Having an instant conversation starter with strangers everywhere I go
*Having a wonderful husband that loves to make Maren giggle

The list could go on and on..... I love being a mom.

2 comments:

Veronica Reeve said...

Marcy,
You were only dorky pre-Motherhood? Hmm...I beg to differ. He he he!! Actually I love your list, especially the candy corn fingers. I totally agree with you, being a mom is the best. I never realized it would be so fun. One of my favorite parts of being a mom is having an excuse to celebrate and get excited about all the holidays/events that "grown-ups" seem to forget/not care about...my list could go on and on too.

Anonymous said...

Marcy,
It gets even better.....your heart always feels full......then you have grandkids......and you just think.....I did not know I could love so much.........keep enjoying the "little things" cw