Monday, May 07, 2007

First Attempt

So, my little bro Giff is getting married on Friday. His soon to be wife asked me to take her bridals. Okay so that was a little scary. Just because I have a nice camera, doesn't mean I take nice pictures. Reluctantly, I agreed and knew that I would be taking full advantage of digital technology. It was midday and pretty harsh lighting so these are all retouched to some extent. It was a fun opportunity and also good to get more photoshop experience (which I used for the new header of the blog too). I didn't get too creative with poses, backgrounds, etc. after all, I'm just barely familiar with my camera. So out of 129 shots, here are the best ones.

Tips/suggestions welcome.

3 comments:

Veronica Reeve said...

Marcy,
You did great! I'm very impressed with your "first attempt". My advice (not that I'm an expert by any means) would be to have her facing the direction of the sun so that she doesn't have shadows on her face, or if she is facing her back to the sun use the flash to light up her face. Also, dusk is a good time to take the pictures because the light is very flattering. That's all. You did great. A+!!

Anonymous said...

Marcy,
What great pics. I love them all, but my fav are the black and whites. You should be so proud. Your sister in law in beautiful. Easy to take pictures of someone so pretty. Good job. Love your header! Have a great family day this week end. cw

Fall.Down.Tree said...

Good job Marcy....i like all of them. A&J