Monday, April 30, 2007

Maren at 9 months

This is a little late, but Maren had her 9 month check-up a week and a half ago. She is now 19 lbs 7 oz (75th percentile) which is pretty impressive considering she is not fond of baby food and has survived solely on breast milk and a handful of cheerios. She is also 29 inches long (90th percentile). Our pediatrician, who I love, kind of made me feel like a bit of a pushover. I probably have never let her get hungry enough to eat other things. Someday soon though, that will all change and I suppose she will just have to learn to like food.

Maren still is not what I would consider mobile. She's starting to creep around though, it is almost invisible to the naked eye, but she manages to go a foot or so to get something. It's probably a good thing that she's not crawling all over because we are working on our new house and she could get into paint, spackle, cleaning supplies etc.

Here's a recent pic of her with one of her favorite new toys, a sponge bob balloon. Apparently Kirk took Maren with him to the store and she grabbed a hold of it and carried it all over the store. He couldn't resist buying it for her (even if it was sponge bob).

4 comments:

Carly said...

I am in the same boat. It looks like I may be one of those mothers that bf their baby until they are 5, ha ha... I am about ready to give up trying to feed her food (not really). But hey, both our babies are healthy as can be!

Veronica Reeve said...

Sorry about the volleyball comment...but it's just too good of a story. I love the reflection of Maren in the balloon.

Heidi said...

Hi there. What a cute picture! Thanks for helping me with my blog. Aren't you proud of me!!! It's getting better. Ashlee keeps me busy so I can only work on it a little at a time. Thanks again.

Brooke said...

What do you have against spongebob?