Thursday, July 18, 2013

This is My Girl...

I fear the blog may turn into 3 birthday videos a year.  At least those are my favorite posts, and pretty much document everything that has happened in the last year.  Did I mention we went to St. George for a week over spring break?  Or that we spent a week in California (Disneyland included) and topped it off in Vegas for my brother-in-laws Med School graduation.  How about successfully potty training our baby.  No?  Well, we did those things, plus there's been a myriad of cool and super cute things my kids have said and done over the last few months, but about my Girl...

Maren is SEVEN, yes SEVEN!  My my it has gone by much faster than seven years is supposed to.  It has been amazing to see her learn so much in school.  It is fun to read with her and have really intelligent conversations with her.  She is well known for being the best artist in her class and won 2 trophies this year in the reflections contest.  I've been so impressed with her perspective in the things that she draws.  She's also got such a pretty voice and has great pitch.  I keep telling her she needs to do a solo in church, but she's kind of shy about singing for people (she is so embarrassed about her singing the the movie - but I love it).

I love how I can tell that she recognizes the spirit.  There have been a few times when we have been reading scriptures or listening to something and she describes such a warm feeling inside.  In her words "it's like I feel so happy, but I want to cry at the same time".  So many things I have learned from this child.  She has such a strong will, and at times that is difficult for me, but I know it will serve a greater purpose someday.

I know I've said this before, but she is beautiful.  Heavenly Father must have known I'm not very good at doing hair because he blessed me with a girl with gorgeous hair.  I'm glad I can get away with just combing it.  My Maren is a beauty inside and out!

I love this girl!  I am so lucky to be her momma!
Maren Year 7 from Marcy Johnson on Vimeo.

Music:  Just You by Amy Stroup and One Minute by The Album Leaf

No comments: