Friday, April 20, 2012

Reasons I Know...

My Jesse boy celebrated the big 4 recently. One quality I love about Jesse is that he is very giving. I overhear him frequently bequeathing all his toys to his sister. He never has a problem picking out a toy to give to someone else (even the ones he really likes), and he often tells his friends that they can keep his toys. He also takes his shoes off when coming in and clears his plate 98% of the time without me asking. He’s still a little show-off, and still has crushes on babysitters. I love that he’s still fuzzy. He was a fuzzy little newborn and still has those same hairs that remind me so much of when he was so teeny. He loves telling jokes and we hear A LOT of them. Overall, he’s just a fun little dude and we love him! Happy Birthday bud!
 
Jesse Year 4 from Marcy Johnson on Vimeo.
music: Matthew Reveles "We'll Meet Halfway"

This video has been in the works for far too long. It’s hard for me, knowing that I’ve been a little preoccupied with myself. I was in a Relief Society meeting the other day and had the pleasure of hearing Sister Bonnie Parkin speak. She brought up a good question “How and when do YOU know that God loves you?” She asked several of the sisters in the audience to respond. It was one of those moments where I could almost feel my heart pounding out of my chest. I didn’t stand, but I knew the answer so clearly…. I thought about my three beautiful children and my ABSOLUTE LOVE for them, and I knew that Heavenly Father blessed me with these little ones so I would be able to catch a glimpse of His love for me.

There are days that I have to actively look for those moments when I sense God’s love, and other days that it comes easily. I think about me and Jesse swinging in the hammock together, snuggling, singing songs, and gazing up at the cherry blossoms against a clear blue sky. My fears and worries set aside for a while.  I’m sure the blossoms were equally as pleased with the view below.


2 comments:

Breona said...

Love ya Marcy. Kids are definitely tender mercies.

Colleen said...

Marcy,
Sooooooo adorable.! In some of the pics I can see you so clearly. I love that you get your kids out for an adventure! Hiking! Feedng the Ducks! Pic Nic's. YOu and Kirk are amazing.