Saturday, May 12, 2012

The missing, missing, missing tooth...and a brief update on how I'm "feeling"

I can't believe I have a child old enough to be losing teeth.  We had attempted a few times to pull the wiggly tooth, but the darn thing wouldn't come out and the result was bleeding gums and a traumatized little girl.  We then opted to just let it come out when it was ready.  It just so happened that it came out while we had a babysitter.  Apparently it just popped out while they were watching a movie.  She played with it for a little while and dropped it somewhere in the couch.  They pulled out all the pillows and finally found it, but a few minutes later she dropped it in the carpet and they couldn't find it anywhere.  When we got home Maren ran up to us and showed us her new smile and handed us a note that the babysitter helped her write.

"Dear Toothfairy,  Today I lost my first tooth, but I also lost it somewhere.  I am sorry!  Love, Maren"

I made a pretty solid attempt at finding the tooth but couldn't find it either.  So the tooth fairy had to accept the note instead.  The next day Kirk found the tooth and Maren was so excited to show me.  We admired it for a minute and then she wanted to show me how it could still fit in the gap.  While doing this, she dropped it again, never to be heard from again.  

Maren holding her cute tooth pillow that a friend made for her with her new grin.

Since then she's lost the other bottom tooth, but we were a little more careful this time around!

********************************************************
Quick Update:

For those of you who I haven't talked to personally, I am doing pretty good.  My symptoms haven't gotten any better (sadly a little worse), but mentally I am doing a little better.  We're pretty certain the main scary diseases have been ruled out and most likely not MS.  We think it's a problem with the peripheral nerve endings but don't know what's causing it and I don't really have a diagnoses.  I am hanging in there, trying hard not to dwell on it and still enjoy life.  I really don't do myself any favors when I am FREAKING out.  I feel pretty confident that things will improve.  I don't know the answer to the "how's, and what's", but I am just trusting in the Lord that it will all work out and that with His help we will be led to those answers, even if it takes some time.  

3 comments:

Carlson Family said...

I haven't looked at your blog for a while and I'm sad that you are going through some physical challenges. My sister went through something like this and finally was diagnosed with MS after 3 years of tests. It's been quite the challenge for her. I hope your symptoms go away and I will be praying for you. Hugs to you!

Colleen said...

Hope you get answers soon.
By the way, what is a tooth worth these days? cw

Meg said...

Marcy: I keep thinking about you. How are you? It was so good to see you at the marathon and I was hoping to find you after the whole thing was over, but I wasn't so lucky. Just thinking abut you and hoping you are doing ok. You are one tough girl! I am rooting for you!
meg