The last month and a half have been a physical and mostly emotional roller coaster. To keep it short I started experiencing tingling/burning in my feet that has progressed to skin numbness in all of my limbs and part of my face. I've been poked and prodded, scanned, shocked, and scanned again, and today I'm resting trying to avoid a spinal headache from my lumbar puncture yesterday. So far we haven't been able to find the cause (which can be good in a sense because it rules out some scary diseases), but we are hoping to soon. Actually best case scenario, it goes away and we find nothing wrong : ) I'm not very good a being patient and the hardest part of this whole ordeal is my own fear and anxiety about what the future holds. Physically I'm not limited in any way and it hasn't seemed to affect my motor nerves, but the weird numb sensations are unsettling especially how fast and far they have progressed in a months time. Our family and friends have been an amazing support to us during this time from prayers, fasting, dinners, phone calls, doctors advice from Grandpa and Kendrick, and help with the kids while I go to various appointments and what not. My little ones pray for my "numbness" to go away and their faith touches my heart. Kirk has been amazing in all that he has taken on and has been so good about helping me with all of my crazy emotions. I have to remind myself that there are so many people going through things that are far worse. I have to remind myself that I am a strong person and that I can still be strong. I have to remind myself to pray continually. I think often about a quote that I used to carry around with me in my pocket when I was going through a tough time during college "Be believing, be happy, don't get discouraged, things will work out". Pres. Gordon B. Hinkley. I think I better put that up on my bathroom mirror, along with some other good motivating quotes.
THANK YOU everyone for all you are doing for us! I will keep you posted on how things go. In the mean time, I'm trying hard to be brave and live life as normally as possible until we know more. Hopefully good news to come soon.
4 comments:
We have been praying so much for family members, and we will include you too Marcy! So...you have some prayers coming from the NW.
I hope things get figured out and that you will have comfort.
=)
Oh Marcy- I wish I could help more physically (like watch your kids and such). I had no idea, I guess we need to call more often :) I was just talking to Jane today about moving back to Utah and her being able to play with Maren. We will be praying for you, and I know how tough you are- so I'm hoping for the best!
Frustrating. You do have faith and courage and are strong. I love that quote. Everyone needs that advice daily. I wonder if the veins/blood flow/ post surgery play in? But face even.. ? Dave had bells palsy once, and I can't imagine. I'm glad you have such great support- hang in. Prayers your way for sure. Love!
Hey Marcy,
I read this a few weeks ago and have kept checking back to see if there has been any progress. You and your family are in my daily prayers. I hope that things have gotten better.
t
Post a Comment