With spring right around the corner (hopefully), I just don't want to forget the good times we've had in the the little amount of snow this year. Playing out in the snow with Maren and Jesse has been a blast. It seems like they actually "get it" now. It reminds me so much of when I was a kid how I would spend hours in the snow with my siblings sledding, making forts, snow angels, and throwing snow balls. Miles lasts for a few minutes but would prefer not to be mauled by wet, cold kids.
One night in particular at dusk, I went out with Maren and Jesse while Kirk cooked dinner. It was seriously so much fun! I loved tromping around in the snow, sledding, playing hide and seek and just laying there in the snow with them watching "smoke" rise from our mouths and looking up at the stars. I was amazed that we were out there for so long without either of them complaining.
Another snowy adventure is our first time out skiing. Kirk took the kids up first without me (and forgot their helmets as shown below) and then we went again the following week. After their first few runs they asked Kirk to take off their edgy-wedgies and they did great. Both of them even went up a few times on the big lift.
When I went up with them, I couldn't believe how independent they really were. Maren kept making comments like "I'll meet you at the bottom Mom!". It was kind of awkward for me anyway since I was on my snowboard and had to keep messing with my bindings, so I just let them do their thing. Maybe I'll have to learn to ski too.As much as I'm looking forward to the warmer weather, we've still had a good time in the cold.
1 comment:
Fun! Maybe we should go on "ski" vacation next year. I can't believe how big Miles is getting- so fun and cute!
Post a Comment