Six days, with six kids, 6 and under. I'm impressed.
We've been coordinating with some good friends to do some vacationing. They got to go enjoy a cruise, while we stayed back in crazy town. Surprisingly, it went really well. They all slept through the night and were even asleep by 9:45, which I thought was pretty early considering the circumstances. The hardest parts were mealtimes, getting ready for school, and getting everyone ready for bed. Sometimes it was just easier to do an assembly line for brushing teeth. Our guests were well behaved and only got a little homesick. We tried to stay busy, and I'm sure I went through a ream of paper making crafts and airplanes. It was kind of eye opening how patient I was with their kids, since I wanted to make sure they were happy and comfortable. It made me realize I should be more like that with my own kids even if it takes more time and effort.
When the week ended, I was exhausted and I
couldn't believe how easy it was to only have 3 kids. It was an action packed week, and almost as fun as going on a cruise. Now we can't wait for our turn! Just need to decide where to go. Oooohhh the possibilities!
3 comments:
All I can say is "Brave"....very very "Brave".
Way to go; Jesse and I were just talking yesterday about how we wished we lived in Utah so we could do some kid/vacationing swaps with you guys too. Maybe in a few years, ay?
Thanks so much for blogging, Marcy. I don't check in often enough, but I am so glad for this opportunity to keep up with you and kirk and your beautiful delightful brilliant kids.
Post a Comment