Monday, January 09, 2012

Pictures of the Season

The Christmas season was wonderful!  My kids are the perfect age to make it so meaningful and magical.  I don't think I've ever seen a little girl (Maren) quite so excited on Christmas Eve.  It brought back so many good memories of when I was a kid.  Since, I can't possibly write about everything.  Here are a few pictures of the season that melt my heart:
Playing in the seasons first and only snow of 2011.

Fun times with gingerbread.

Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus.  Hard to believe Miles stayed swaddled for the entire first verse of Away in a Manger.  Maybe we should start swaddling him at church.

Two handsome boys!

My nieces looked so angelic!

The sweetest Mary you ever saw!

Boxes are equally as entertaining as the contents.

A note for "Santa Cos"

Kirk sporting a snuggie.  You may mock, but I am seriously in love with the snuggie!  Best white elephant gift ever!

So excited to see what Santa brought!

Christmas morning.

One of my all time favorite things to do!

Little buddies!

And this one just makes me laugh!  At least he stayed warm!

 Hope you all had a great Holiday season!  Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Veronica Reeve said...

Marcy - looks like you had a great Christmas! Those nativity pictures are beeeautiful. Maren looks like she played the role of Mary very well. Kirks's snuggie looks schmumffy, but wait till you see Rich's "Hoodie to Footie" - actually he'd kill me if I ever posted a picture of it, but let's just say, footie pjs aren't just for the little ones anymore....

Oh and that last picture of Miles, I can just hear him saying "I can't put my arms down!" (Christmas Story)

Veronica Reeve said...

And apparently Kirk needs multiple s's in his name. Oops!

Breona said...

You take such great pictures to creatively capture the moment so well. Your kids are adorable!! I wanted to squeeze them in a bunch of those;) hope you are all doing fabulous! Hope to see ya!