Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Little Fish!

Wowzer!!! It's true that they grow up too fast. Maren has accomplished so much this year - It's like she's turned into a real kid. She's drawing really creative pictures, reading and writing some, and she just started swimming like crazy (it's amazing what a pair of goggles and a nose plug can do). She's super excited to start kindergarten in the fall and as a mom I can feel the reigns getting tugged at a bit. One of the things I've learned in my five years as a mom is to never wish away the time, or wish for another stage when your kids can do this or that, because before you know it, it's gone. I go back and watch these videos I've made over the years and I just want to pick up that cute little chubber, give her loves, and just pause my movie for awhile.

Love you little one. Happy Birthday!

Music "The Melendy's go Abroad" and "Moon River" by The Innocence Mission

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Marcy you are amazing! I love your videos and Maren you are so cute! Jane tells me all the time if I remember her friend Maren. Hopefully someday we will get to live close again. Time flies so fast! We love you guys!

havensmama said...

I agree... I love your videos and look forward to your darling kids birthdays however I feel the same, time goes way to fast and its bittersweet to see them grow up!

Happy Birthday Maren!!

Colleen said...

Wonderful....I'm speechless. Miss your bright spirit at work. Christmas time/Easter Rhyme....to Maren.