Friday, May 27, 2011

Big Finish!

Ogden half marathon 2011 (with Gita and Sherm)

We are smiling - but only because we are done! Kirk and I finished in 2:04. Nine minutes slower than projected. This was by far my most painful race ever. My knee (IT band) started hurting only 3 miles in. I ran through it but it was hard to keep pace - I could see my goal slipping away with each mile. It was not fun and I was in pain. Kirk and I ran together for the 1st four miles. Then I went ahead, but he caught up to me for the last four when I had to stop and stretch. Boy was I glad (and at the same time sad) to see him. It gave me the boost I needed to get through to the finish line. I seriously limped for the next 2 days. St. George marathon is questionable. I haven't run since Saturday - but I'm hoping with a walk/run combo I can still do it. We'll see.

Speaking of big finishes - Miles successfully ate an entire jar of baby food. Now that is something to celebrate!!!



3 comments:

Brooke said...

I admire you Marcy, I think that is amazing!

Colleen said...

You are awesome! You finished and that is the "win". Sorry about your knees. urgh...
Congrats though on the finish. Now look forward to the Marathon?@#$%^

havensmama said...

Way to go!! I admire your endurance:) So proud of little miles too!