Monday, May 09, 2011

The best mom in the world...







There’s something about nursing a baby, especially when they are new and less distracted, that makes me feel like the best mom in the world. It seems like it is so easy to meet their needs. My babies have all been fairly easy to please and I have loved sharing that time with them. With each child that has joined our family, I’ve been a little more confident, a little less anxious and more able to enjoy all the blessings of motherhood. With Miles I remember just savoring the quiet moments together, knowing it would go so fast and missing those times that I had with Maren and Jesse. I can honestly say, I understand more fully why my mother had six children. Children are such beautiful gifts and I am so privileged to be a mother.

A month or two after Miles was born I mentioned to my mom how much I loved nursing my babies in my parents’ bedroom. It is so bright, airy, peaceful, and always clean. The next time we visited, I headed into their bedroom to feed the little one and found a note attached to the chair. As I tearfully read the note my mom had written, I had such a feeling of tenderness for my mom and all she has done for me. And by all I mean sacrificing, being my friend, worrying and praying for me, providing for me, helping with my kids, letting me vent, encouraging me, teaching, me, challenging me, setting a good example, to name a few. It’s hard to put into words all that being a mother entails. Then I looked down at my little infant and I knew how much my mother loved me. Still after my 31 years, my mom has figured out how to meet my needs and be the best mom in the world.

Thank you mom! I love you!

And thanks to my mother-in-law, my awesome sisters (both sides), and friends who help me to be a better mother. I love and appreciate you helping me along this path called motherhood.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Beautiful Post. cw

havensmama said...

I have to say your mom is pretty amazing and her influence in my life was very much appreciated. I think you definitely have followed in her footsteps. I guess that's part of why we all love our mothers because they know us so well and love us so much!

Kimberly said...

Mom's are the best- and you are one of them!