Well, I think the piggy was the golden ticket. She waited anxiously until bedtime and then asked for her pillow pet. She didn't even ask for her blanket at all. Kirk and I left the room and told her how proud we were of her. I was worried that after a few minutes she would change her mind or start crying and I had mentally prepared myself for a long night. After 15 minutes or so, I went into the kids room to see how things were coming along. Jesse was still awake, but I climbed up the ladder to check on Maren. She was fast asleep. She did it without any tears!
I came out and told Kirk and good news. We were amazed! I couldn't help but send out a text to my mom and sisters even though it was late. One of my sisters responded that it was "bittersweet" because it means she is growing up - she was feeling the same since one of her girls had lost 2 teeth that day. And sure enough, when I went into my room and saw the little green heap on my bed that says "baby" on it, I cried.
Yes, bittersweet.
4 comments:
Sweet Post .....and a good decision. Time just goes by too quickly. Hurrah for "Pillow Pets".
Your blog always makes me cry!
"one moment following another, laden with happiness and tears."
Isn't it funny how we think the event will be so tragic for them, but it's almost harder as a parent worrying about how they will "survive". It is bittersweet. Cute pics and post!
Hope it was a success! It been way too long, we need to get together:)
Post a Comment