Thursday, February 11, 2010

More on hair...

As I walked into Jesse's room this morning to get him out of his crib the first word out of his mouth was "hair". I looked down and sure enough there was one of my hairs intertwined in his little fingers. This scenario happens at least 5-10 times a day, no joke. I'm beginning to think that Jesse suffers from chaetophobia: an irrational fear of hair. For instance: he will yell hair over and over again until the hair is removed from wherever it is bothering him, his hands, clothing, blanket, bathtub or even if he sees one too close for comfort. Yesterday I found a long silky thread from one of Maren's dresses on the carpet. I swirled it around and around. Jesse was mesmerized. I thought I would test my luck and try to tickle him with it. I touched his face with it and he ran away yelling "no.... hairs". It was quite amusing.

With his fear, my head of hair, and the shedding thereof, this is a terrible combination. I shed like crazy and even Kirk has mentioned several times that he's surprised I'm not bald. If the situation persists I may have to purchase a few hair nets.

If I recall correctly, I snapped this photo just as Jesse discovered a hair.

1 comment:

Veronica Reeve said...

Hmmm...how can you turn this fear to your advantage? Picture this: You want him to stay away from a certain area (i.e. his sisters room, hot stove, or a busy street)soooooo....you surround the area with a thin wall o' hairs. Have a problem with him eating his veggies? Put pieces of hair on all the other foods minus the veggies. Yes, yes, (rubbing hands together) the possibilites are endless!