Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July....

July is ALWAYS a crazy month for us. It seriously seems like we have been away from home more than we've been at home. When we have been at home I've either been packing, unpacking, or doing laundry and hence no time to blog. But alas, my two feverish children are taking a long snooze (the only advantage to having sick kids) and I figured I better catch up.

First off, over the 4th of July we went to Steamboat Springs, Colorado with my folks. I highly recommend it. It is so green and has paved trails everywhere - on one of them my dad took a spill on my mountain bike and broke his collar bone. We didn't find this out until he finally went to see a doctor 2 weeks later.
After a few days in Steamboat, we headed over to Denver to see a Rockies game on the 4th. The fireworks show after the game was the best I've ever seen. Maren sported her new noise cancelling headphones. It was her first successful fireworks show without kicking and screaming. We had a few questions and odd looks, but hey we made it.
We got home just in time to celebrate Maren's 3rd birthday, and she got....... a new bike!!! It took her a few days to figure out the pedaling but now she is a pro. She keeps saying "I"m riding fast like the guys on TV". (been watching too much of the tour I guess :).

2 weeks later we went camping at Lodgepole with the Snow side:
Chris and Jory - 3 weeks left!You know you are desperate to get clean when you bathe in lake water. Check out that butt roll. (I love taking pictures my kids will be embarrassed about later :)
And finally camping in Hobblecreek Canyon with the Johnsons:
Jana taking a snooze with baby Evan.I didn't realize all I needed to pack was a swimsuit for Maren to be happy.

Camping with a baby who's not yet walking is a little crazy, not to mention dirty, but that's about to change. Jesse is starting to walk!! I think it will still be awhile before he prefers walking over crawling but it won't be long now. Phew! My back will thank him!
We still have lots of adventures coming up, so I'll try not to get too behind again. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

4 comments:

Breona said...

great pics Marcy! You are quite the photographer. I love the butt cheeks. hahah. And maren is a doll. You guys all look great. What a fun filled month. I hope your kids feel better.

Meg said...

ditto to Breona's comment, almost word for word in fact! that picture of Maren with the earphones on made me laught - so great! we've been to the 4th of july fireworks at the Rockies game too...very good! take care.

Meg said...

laught=laugh

cw said...

Marcy,
Love...love...this post. Cute, cute, cute....roll, roll, roll..what can I say? cw