Meet the newest member of the Johnson household. Isn't she a beauty? It's the Madone 4.5 Women's Specific from Trek. It's a carbon frame with a compact crank and super nice new pedals. I'm still looking for a component that will repel inattentive drivers. We got a sweet deal on it (thanks to the Bike Shoppe) because all the 2.3's were out of stock (no complaints from me :) and just in time for our ride for the cure. It seriously rides so smooth and the shifting is so much smoother than my last bike. Speaking of the Tour de Cure - it was an eventful day. Here's a few phrases to sum it up:
Kirk forgets biking shoes, rides 40 miles in sandals.
Dad slashes tire less than 2 miles in, 1 hr set back to find a new tire (not just a tube)
Rustin gets a flat when we start to ride again
Girls ride ahead and give the guys a workout trying to catch up
A little rain here and there
Hundreds of hungry mosquitoes at the feed zone - (did you know they can bite through spandex?)
Despite all the unfortunate events - we actually had a really fun time. I look forward to many miles ahead.
3 comments:
She sure is a nice ride. :-) Don't you guys have really bad luck on that ride every year? As long as you had fun, though. Hope you guys join us for Antelope at Moonlight, that would be fun.
Dang Marcy! That is one nice looking bike! We couldve been twinners with the 2.3 but you had to step it up one on me. Haha. I went on a ride today and tipped over while one foot was clipped in. I was so mad cuz it tore the side of my seat. I felt kinda dumb too. Hope all is well. Call ya later.
I love the bike. We'll have to go on a ride sometime in August- hopefully I'll be able to keep up with you.
Post a Comment