Saturday, September 22, 2007

September Adventures Part 2: Kirk Vs Chuck Norris


Sorry Kirk, I couldn't resist. Funny how the guys chest hair kind of looks like it could be Kirks. As for the title; Kirk competed in the LOTOJA (Logan to Jackson) under the alias of Chuck Norris. I guess the race filled up in a few days and Kirk was unable to get a spot. A couple months before the race, he found out that his former employer "The Bike Shoppe" had registered a bunch of names and had a slot open for someone to race as the Chuckster. It was hilarious because when he picked up his registration packet in Logan the night before, they made him show ID and he had conveniently forgot it. Well, then they wanted my ID. It turned into a really awkward situation where Kirk finally just had to be honest and reveal his true identity. After a clearance from the race coordinator, they finally gave him the okay to race. Lucky for them, he didn't have to bust out any of his moves.


As for the race, he did much better this year. For those of you not familiar with this event, this year it was 206 miles in one day (Amazing!). He was a little dehydrated and cold and the finish line but he was alive. He met his goal of cutting his ride time by an hour from the race in 2004, even with an extra 20 miles on the course. Maybe riding as Chuck gave him a little extra boost.

Kirk and my brother-in-law Rustin at the starting line in Logan (7:22 am).

Kirk's Lance Armstrong pose at the finish line in Teton Village (I think around 8:09 pm).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweeet! Kirk, how did you get Chuck Norris to pose next to you like that? You tha man! LOTOJA! XTERRA! DANG! I am truly jealous.

Breona said...

Way to go Kirk! Wow, that is a bike ride alright! Marcy, your posts are great. I lost your Blog address so I'll add it to the faves. You guys look great. When is the lil' one due?