Wednesday, September 19, 2007

September Adventures Part 1: Paradise in Idaho?

Just a little catch up of our adventures the past few weeks. There hasn't been a weekend gone by so far in September that hasn't been occupied. We spent Labor Day weekend in Heyburn, Idaho for a Johnson reunion. Kirk's uncle has a place right on the Snake River. It was awesome! I can't believe how pretty it was. I was pleasantly surprised. The river is glass most of the time and great for skiing. We just stayed 2 nights - lawn camping in our tent. I was amazed how well Maren slept despite the wind and geese that kept flying over head.

On Labor Day we used our free tram pass from the Xterra to go up to Snowbasin and we hiked up to Mount Ogden peak. After we'd had our fill of radiaton (or whatever those towers emit) we rode the tram down while Maren waved and said "hi" to all the people coming up. Quite cute I must say.


No comments: