Sunday, March 05, 2006

Extreme-ish Makeover

With the upcoming addition to our family, Marcy and I have been trying to get things in order. Our Duplex is plenty big; however, we need to make a few changes in order to be comfortable here for a few more years. We started with the "nursery" (formerly the office). Because we are going to be renting the apartment out when we move, I did not want a color that was going to scream "baby's room". We decided on a light blue... "Rain Water" to be exact. Marcy bought some Pottery Barn crib bedding that ties in the light blue with a dark pink. As you can imagine it was way overpriced, but I have no room to complain with all the money I spend on tools and toys. We are moving our bedroom furniture into the baby's room and we ordered a new bedroom set for us. We decided that since we were getting new furniture it would be nice to have a freshly painted room to put it in. We have spent the last week and a half taping, priming and painting the two rooms. We just have a little touch up on our bedroom and we will be done with our upstairs work. I have decided that I really hate painting. Next is the basement. We are going to finish two bedrooms, a bath and a family room in the basement. It will give us a lot of extra room and let us stay here for a few more years. I am a bit overwhelmed with all there is to do down there, but I think I can get it done before the little jammer gets here. If anyone knows how to frame, plumb, or wire, your help would be greatly appreciated! Marcy is doing well and getting bigger. Her little belly is starting to show signs of life. Each night we spend a few minutes feeling and watching for kicks. We are trying to teach her how to count, but she does not seem to be catching on. The experts say that you should talk to the baby while in the womb. I am not very good at having a conversation with someone that won’t talk back so maybe we will have to get to know each other when she gets out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds exciting. I want to come see the nursery when it's done. My opinion is that the purpose of decorating a nursery is to alleviate those "nesting" urges during pregnancy. At least that's what it was for me...It sounds darling and YES, pottery barn is way overpriced, but you just can't get anything cuter! Sounds like everything is going wait. I hope to see you guys soon. Let's get together. Brooke :-)

Unknown said...

I meant, "sounds like everything is going great", not wait. Sorry, it's midnight and I can't sleep, but obviously I'm a little out of it...Brooke