Monday, July 05, 2010
Opportunity Knocks
Just wanted to give a quick update for those of you who were concerned about us. Contrary to what you might believe, turns out Kirk is a pretty popular guy. He had lots of people call him after they heard he got laid off. He met with several people, had at least 2 offers, and then received a call from his former employer telling him they wanted him to come back. So, after much contemplation and prayer, Kirk decided to take a new position with his old employer. He actually started work last Friday. We're excited about the new opportunity - and relieved that we'll still have health coverage without having to pay ridiculous premiums. So yes, I would consider his layoff a blessing in disguise - he got to work on the house, get us moved, and spend time with his family for the last three weeks. He still got to keep his severance, and First American made it worth it to come back. Probably the hardest part for Kirk was living without his cell phone - poor thing. I think he'll even get his old number back. I'll miss having all his help with the kids and house, but I'm sure glad he was around during the bulk of the chaos. Thanks everyone for your concern and prayers, we love you! Congrats Kirk!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so glad everything is working out. We were worried about you and your little family.
AWESOME!!
Post a Comment