I'm finally taking a break to sit down and blog about the man I love. With everything going on in the last two weeks it's been hard enough to justify a good night's sleep let alone sit down at the computer and blog. We are days away from moving into our new house and have been putting in quite a bit of work to get it finished for the renters who wanted to move into our place mid-June. There's been several nights Kirk hasn't come to bed until 3 am. He's worked his tail and a few pounds off. There's still lots to be done but we're beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
To add to the stress of our lives, Kirk also got laid off from First American last week. It was a pretty big shocker, but we are past that phase and hoping to focus on employment after we are situated in the house. The timing is good and bad at the same time. Good that he's been able to spend so much time working on the house and bad that we will have a new mortgage and baby #3 on the way. I'm glad that we have prepared ourselves financially for this type of situation and I doubt that he will have a hard time finding something. We might be sporting our old 27 inch TV in our big basement for a while, but we'll survive. Kirk told me he feels like he's in Junior High again - trying to figure out what he wants to be when he grows up. Kirk's a great guy and any company would be lucky to have him, he will be successful at whatever he chooses to do.
We've also celebrated his birthday, been trying to find renters for another one of our properties, made the decision to re-paint the whole inside of the new house, and dealt with phone and Internet issues. There's been so much to do and take care of that at times we've felt like we could spontaneously combust . I'm just glad we have each other and awesome families who help us out.
With that all said, I just want you to know how much I love and adore my husband. He is an amazing and genuine person. Last night I was able to hear Robert D. Hales speak at the adult session of Stake Conference. His talk focused on the family. I am always so impressed with how highly all of the apostles speak of their spouses and their relationships. Kirk, this might sound tacky, but you are general authority good to me and the kids. I feel enormously blessed to have that kind of relationship; with support, communication, selflessness, and of course love. Happy Father's Day my dear. I love and believe in you.
4 comments:
You are a "lucky" girl Marcy....Kirk is amazing.....but then so are you. Good luck with the move, and the job and the baby. Remember...this will make you stronger..
Oh, such a cute post! I'm sorry to hear about Kirk's job. Maybe we should find you one in KC so you can live by us again :) Just kidding- it will all work out and we'll keep you in our prayers. Good luck with the house; I wish we could come.
Great post Marcy. I was sorry to hear about kirks job as well. There is really no prefect timing for bad news. I hae confidence that Kirk will find something quick and this new job may even be a huge blessing in disguise? Congrats on your house and healthy growing baby! You two make an awesome family! Good luck.
This was a nice post. Everything is going to work out. I just hope it will be quick.
Post a Comment