Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Slow and Tubby wins the race!

Well I can't actually say "win" but finished at least. On Saturday Kirk and I showed our Ogden pride by participating in the Ogden Marathon. Kirk ran the whole thing in 4:49 - not in the time he had planned, but hey running 26.2 miles in whatever time is a huge accomplishment. I was so proud of him! I ran the half in 2:19, quite a bit slower than my last race but I was happy with it. Here's us at home after the race. We look happier than we feel. My mammoth cold sore was all bloody at the end (so attractive) and I've got quite the belly. Hopefully people didn't think I just had a huge gut. We're glad it's over and especially glad that our aches and pains have subsided. Now when Jesse runs away from us in a parking lot, we might be able to catch him.

5 comments:

Veronica Reeve said...

Woohoo! Go Johnson Family! You guys look fit as a fiddle. Yes, I just said that. How's the house coming along? We're so excited about the upcoming baby! Way to go Marcy on running the race while great with child!

Kimberly said...

Good job guys! That's a big accomplishment pregnant or not!

Carlson Family said...

Congratulations to the both of you! I can't believe you ran a half marathon pregnant. That is awesome!

Colleen said...

You are looking awesome!!! Congrats on the Marathon and half marathon. You are amazing.
cw

hailey said...

Marcy you really are amazing for running a half with a babe inside.:) If I can run a half at 2:19 sans baby I will be happy! Way to go you two!