Day 1: Lots of driving, shuttling, not to mention 6 + hours on a plane with two kids - need I say more?
Day 2: Checking out the complex (Marriott Harbour Lake). This place was awesome! Full on pirate ship pools and splash pads, a mini golf course, playground, tennis, ping pong, you name it. We could have just stayed right at the resort and had a blast. I loved the board walk along the lake - no swimming though - gators!

Before Shamu:After Shamu:
Loving the rides!
Whale watching!
Day 4: Disneyworld! I think I might have been even more excited than anyone about Disneyworld. It brought back so many childhood memories. Maren and Jesse were in awe during "It's a Small World". Maren waved to all the puppets the entire time. We never had to wait in line, they had Christmas music blaring all around, fireworks, Christmas shows, and they even served free cookies and hot cocoa.
Day 4: Disneyworld! I think I might have been even more excited than anyone about Disneyworld. It brought back so many childhood memories. Maren and Jesse were in awe during "It's a Small World". Maren waved to all the puppets the entire time. We never had to wait in line, they had Christmas music blaring all around, fireworks, Christmas shows, and they even served free cookies and hot cocoa.
On our way to the Magic Kingdom riding the ferry boat
Grandma J and Maren riding the parking train to the gates
Some of my faves including Jesse dancing with the princess and Maren at Minnie's house.
Day 5: Chilled out at the condo.Day 6: We had to spend at least one day at the beach. Jesse at the beach might have been one of the cutest things I've ever seen. He snatched my hat, put it on, and ran around the beach yelling "AH-HA", over and over. It was kind of a chilly/windy day but we still had fun playing in the white sands of Clearwater Beach.
Day 7: Another Sea World Day. You can get the second day free with a validation. We thought we would only spend a few hours, but ended up staying all day. There was just too much to see and do. Maren is now convinced that she wants to be a Shamu girl when she grows up.Day 8: A lllllloooonnnnnggggg journey home!
November is a great time to go to the sunny state! No lines, 80 degree weather, and discounts to the Magic Kingdom. I would highly recommend it, however, I think we will wait until our children are 52 inches tall to make the trip again and we will spend much less time on Facebook trying to solicit Nacho votes.
5 comments:
Looks like you guys had so much fun! BTW, I couldn't get Hailee to even go on Snow White's Scary Adventures...she'd seen the movie and that was enough for her! Funny they were both Snow White for Halloween, but that's the one they're scared of:) Anyway, I'm glad you guys had fun! Sorry we missed you the other night, we were in a movie when you texted us!
Marcy,
I just loved looking at this post. Your kids are so adorable. What a fun trip! Come see us. We have treats on Tuesdays back in the cave starting today. Happy Holdiays. We miss you. cw
What a great trip!! The pictures are darling!! Manja
I just think it's awesome that you just up and go with the kids. You are always doing so much with them. what a fun family you have. :) Happy holidays. Heidi
I laughed out loud when I saw the before and after Shamu pictures! Jesse's face is priceless. Looks like such a fun trip! Kendrick and I were talking about how we want to be more like you guys and do more fun stuff.:) See ya soon!
Post a Comment