Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Nine is Fine!
Nine years ago today Kirk and I were married. Does our no fighting record still stand? Yep! Each year brings more and more reasons why I love my husband.
Case in point: A week or so ago Maren was having a really hard time sleeping. She didn't want to go to bed, wanted us to stay in there with her til she fell asleep, and had several nights in a row where she would wake up multiple times in the night and the process would start over. She was scared of her closet, the dark, witches, the grinch, pretty much any excuse to get us to stay in there longer. We didn't know what to do and were feeling like horrible parents. We took turns going in and tried to make our visits as short as possible. Finally one night before she finally fell asleep Kirk was in her room trying to comfort her. I was passing by in the hall and could overhear a little of their conversation. Kirk was explaining that he could give her a blessing to help her so she wouldn't be scared. He talked a little about what she needed to do and what he was going to say. She agreed. I stood in the doorway, tearful, and peeked through the crack, not wanting to interrupt their moment together. I heard Kirk give her such a sweet and simple blessing, one so fitting for my little 3 year old Maren. I was so completely grateful for Kirk at that moment. I snuck away before he came out and made sure to express my thanks to him that night when we finally got to bed ourselves. What a rock he is in our family, and that's just one of the million things I love about Kirk. And just so you know, Maren is back to her old, good sleepin' self.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Great post! You two are both awesome people! Very outgoing, spiritual, and great parents! Congrats on NINE. What a success! Also, congrats on your new building plan! How exciting. We should talk. Thanks for the cute card as well! Miss you guys
Hey Marcy,
Isn't this close to your special day? You know the one....a Christmas time...Easter rhyme kind of day???
Have a good one. cw
Congrats you two! I can't believe your new house already. You really are going to own your street. Your trip to Florida looked like a blast. I still have never been there. Have a great Christmas!
Happy Birthday, beautiful Marcy! I hope your special day has been a lot of fun for you today. And Happy Anniversary to you & Kirk, too! Wow, it's hard to believe that it's already been nine years, isn't it? It's plain to see that you two were made for each other and will always enjoy a happy life together!
Have a wonderful Christmas - I hope to see you soon!!!
Love, Janelle
Post a Comment