Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

I'm pretty pleased with how our costumes turned out this year. 
We made the Tin Man costume out of foam board, gray clothes, a funnel, hot glue, spray paint, and brads that look like screws.  It was actually pretty easy and was a total hit!!!  Even though the foam board is flexible, it was still hard for him to bend his knees all the way so it was hilarious because he even maneuvered like the real tin man.

We borrowed the Dorothy dress from my sister.  She made it a couple of years ago and it is darling.  Kirk used his mad sewing skills to alter and spruce it up a bit.  It was the perfect costume for our cute little Maren.


Miles was the Cowardly Lion; a cute handmade costume we borrowed from a friend.  It was fitting that he was the lion because I hardly have any pictures of him in the costume without him either trying to pull off the hat or crying.  Kirk and I completed the ensemble as the Scarecrow and the Wicked Witch.
Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

6 comments:

Hollie said...

So cute!! What a darling little family and I just love the costumes!

Colleen said...

I have been waiting and anticipating this blog post. So Fun!! Can't wait until next year! cw

THE BIBBER BLOG said...

You scored another 10 this year!! What great costumes for a darling family. Manja

Kimberly said...

You guys are AMAZING!

Meg said...

Not shabby at all! Great job Marcy and Kirk. So cute and inventive. I just can't get over how darling Maren is. She melts me with her precious little girl smile! Marcy you look great in green too!

Brooke said...

So cute! I especially love the tin man costume, it is awesome!