For future reference, should you ever want to try out a new hike in the Logan area, understand that "Coldwater Lake" is not really a lake at all. "Pond" might even be an exaggeration. We were totally confused when we reached our destination - I think it's safe to call it a mud puddle (we pulled out the fishing poles just to humor the kids). Oh well, we got a good laugh and a decent hike.
Our second attempt at a hike in September ended abruptly when Miles puked all over himself while riding through Ogden canyon. We turned around and Kirk dropped us off at Weber State to play around and eat pizza while he went home and bathed the little one. It was the perfect night (minus the puke) I wish late summer could last a little longer.
Speaking of hikes, it's the eve before Miles's birthday. Last year Kirk and I went on a hike up Beus canyon to get some labor going while my castor oil kicked in. It was such a beautiful night. The trail was covered in fallen leaves and it wasn't too cold. I love that smell! When we got back to the car we couldn't get the headlights to turn on and had to drive home in the dark with our hazards on. We felt like such dorks. The hike didn't do much for me labor wise nor did watching "Iron Man 2" that night, but thankfully he finally decided to come. More about Miles coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment