Sunday, September 04, 2011

Que Sera, Sera

When I was just a little girl, I asked my mother, what will I be?......

 First day of kindergarten for little Maren.  Luckily I got all my tears out the night before when I was going through pictures, so I was plenty composed when I dropped her off.

When I picked her up the conversation went a little like this:  
Me:  So did you have fun?
Maren:  mmmm....not really.
Me:  How come it wasn't fun?
Maren:  Well, all we did was listen and listen and listen and listen.

Guess she better get used to that!

Coincidentally, Kirk planted a tree in our backyard that very same morning.  I guess it will be kind of symbolic.  What will this picture look like 13 years from now when Maren graduates from high school?  It's hard to comprehend all the seasons, the challenges, the beauty, and growth in store.

And as my mother would always sing to me:

Que Sera, Sera....Whatever will be, will be.  The future's not ours to see.  Que sera, sera!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Marcy,
What ever Maren will be, will be amazing....just like her mom! congrats on the new milestone.

hailey said...

I'm so impressed you didn't cry while dropping her off! She is such a sweet little girl and we're so excited for her to start kindergarten! I guess Kirk has a little bit of the same sentimental/sensitive side as Ken by planting that tree on her first day.:)