Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Everything Else...

Before I get too far behind with the events of the summer, I thought I'd highlight some of the fun stuff that's been going on. Each could have been a post in and of itself, but with so much going on - I'll save us all some time and keep it short.


First off we went camping at the end of June with the Johnsons. It was only 3 days after our move and sadly our tent was much more organized than our new home and it was hard coming home to such a mess. We had such a great time! Here's Grandpa with all the grand kids (minus 1 napping baby). There's 10 kids under age five - so it makes for an interesting time.
We scored big time at the Riverdale parade. I think my kids got more candy there than they did at Halloween last year.
We were amused by my dorky brothers (I mean that in the best way), and their "tank wars".The three littlest watched from the safety of the tent until Maren got too scared.

Then a few days later we celebrated Maren's big birthday at the splashpad with family and friends.
We went to an awesome family reunion - which sounds like an oxymoron, but it really was fun.
The kids and I spent a few days at "Cousin Camp" hosted by Grandma and Grandpa J. They had swim lessons, gymnastics, Chucky Cheese, and lots of quality cousin time.

And finally over the 24th we hung out in O town, went to the Oaks and hiked up Waterfall canyon. Maren hiked the whole thing - and even spotted a rattlesnake!


So far it's been a good summer and my pregnant body is thankful that it hasn't been too dreadfully hot. We still have lots to look forward too and I'm hoping to keep up a little better.

2 comments:

Carlson Family said...

Looks like you and your family had a great summer! I wish that we had a large family to hang out with.

Colleen said...

Marcy,
I'm exhausted just hearing about your summer. I am just glad I'm not pregnant! It looks like it was a wonderful summer. Hope all is going well and that you continue to feel great. Hugs, cw