Tuesday, May 16, 2006

New Profile Picture

I guess I better explain the new picture in my profile. My company wants all of their sales people to have a photo on their business card. I have been with First American for almost 8 months now, and I have put off getting new business cards because I knew that they were going to make me put my picture on the next batch. Well I finally ran out of cards last week and I was forced to get the picture taken. So... That is where the picture came from. Now you are probably asking yourself "what does that have to do with changing the picture on the blog?" Well... I have always hated the First American web site because it is pretty much useless to my clients. It is hard to navigate and impossible to find anything that you may be looking for. In order to fix this problem, I started a "work blog" that I could send my clients to when they need a quick link to real estate information that we can provide. When I did that, the old picture (me on a crappy bike in Mexico), showed up on the front page of my "work blog". I knew that if I wanted to make the web site fly with management, it had to have a very professional look and feel. So... I had to change the profile picture to the new picture that I got taken for my business card. After all the trouble, they still did not let me put the new website on my new business cards. They are a bit hesitant because I don't have all the official logos and colors. Please check it out and let me know what you think. kirkrjohnson.com I was happy to find my domain name. It is something that I will always be able to use no matter what my profession. Anyway... That was a pretty boring post but please come back soon and I will try to do better. Have a great day!

No comments: